Integration with Intel Data Center Manager
GFS Crane now comes with an optional adaptor integrating Intel Data Center Manager. This:
- Adds flexibility to GFS Crane Monitoring capability through the widely supported Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI), in addition to SNMP and WMI
- Tracks actual power usage directly from servers eliminating need for expensive power meters
- Monitors real time inlet and outlet temperature of servers without temperature probes
- Generates temperature profiles of server racks, identifying hot spots
- Allows policy-based power capping of servers: IT survival kit during emergencies
- Accelerates GFS Crane DCIM implementation and reduces total cost of ownership
Read more on GFS Crane & Intel DCM integration
Monitoring Physical Infrastructure
GFS Crane underlying technology enables:
- Multi-protocol and multi-device support for data center physical infrastructure
- Support of BACnet, Modbus and SNMP
- Functions include: Power Management, Cooling & Environment Management, DG System & Fuel Management, and Surveillance & Physical Security
- A flexible layered architecture which scales with number of physical infrastructure devices to be monitored and provides foundation for Intelligent Infrastructure Management with sensor analytics
Read more on GFS Crane CIMM
GFS Crane CIMM (Critical Infrastructure Monitoring & Management) forms the core of GFS Crane DCIM’s Physical Infrastructure Management.
Data Center Operations Analytics
GFS Crane DCIM works with sensors that measure which areas in the data center need more cooling than others and identifies the top power consumers in the data center. Through analytics, it recommends ways to reduce power consumption in the data center by raising temperature in zones that do not need extra cooling.
GFS Crane maintains a history of all move-add-change (MAC) decisions as well as a record of prior failures, and their root cause. GFS Crane’s Alarm Analytics forecast potential outages based on past data, such as periodicity of equipment failure and prevents repeat of a failure caused earlier by a similar MAC. Predictive analytics ensures that data center business continuity is not jeopardized.
Read more on Business Continuity
GFS Crane DCIM provides constraint-based capacity planning resolving conflicting objectives like maximizing asset utilization, minimizing power consumption while delivering high availability at over 99%.
GFS Crane helps to avoid under-provisioning or over-provisioning of critical data center capacities. By finding the best simulated state for the data center in conjunction with GFS Manufacturer Repository, it eliminates trial and error of traditional scenario-planning methods.
Read More on Capacity Planning
Our DCIM software helps data centers meet governance and compliance standards by generating a sustainability report on carbon emissions and upcoming e-waste through aging analysis of equipment.
Given the nature of our business offering Energy Efficiency and Sustainability solutions to customers, we have embarked on a Sustainability Program meeting international guidelines. For more details, please see our Internal Environmental Management System Report.