Software Architect, Kolkata
Software Architect skilled in Java/J2EE, preferably with knowledge of network protocols & device programming& ability to guide technical team.
B.Tech/M.Tech from a reputed University in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic engineering (or other engineering/Science) with relevant experience
The Software Architect will be responsible for the product design and development. The successful candidate will be accountable for the product development lifecycle including establishing development processes such as source control, build mechanism and testing. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable and passionate about latest in software technologies, should be a hands-on developer and capable of mentoring, guiding junior developers.
This position will have responsibility for technical aspects of all modules in the product. The person will initiate and lead the scrum efforts for product development and contribute to the design and development. The person will make key design decisions, choice and evaluation of 3rd party products to be used in the development cycle, establish test plans, lead peer reviews of design and source.
The following are essential requirements for the position:
- 8+ years of product development in Java/J2EE/XML/JSON/Databases
- Experience in troubleshooting production environments
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with experience in scrum development process
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMWare.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Openstack
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Experienced in Linux/shell
- Familiarity with network protocols such as SNMP
- Familiarity with data center operations.
The following soft skills will be necessary:
- Experience in handling customers
- Being self-motivated and self-starter
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team & mentor junior developers
- Ability to deliver on time
- Keen interest in innovative work.
- Ability to travel when required
Fixed + Variable.