GFS Crane DCIM for Colocation Data Centers
GFS Crane DCIM comes with two sets of colocation features. The first set enables colocation facility providers to provide value-added service to their customers:
- Role based Access: Colo customers can assign role-based access to their users which authorize them to access specific functions only.
- Restricting customer to view/edit own racks: Colo customers can get to view/edit only the cage, racks or partial racks leased by them.
- Dashboard and reports: Colo customers can get dashboards and key reports, restricted to assets owned by them. If a customer wants a report on power consumed by IT equipment, the report will have data from only servers or IT equipment owned by that customer.
- Self-service for provisioning: If a colo customer wants to provision new equipment, and have preference for rack or u-space allocation within their leased space, the customer can initiate a workflow which will propagate through the facilities provider and provision the request when the workflow is complete.
The second set of enhancement features is geared towards the Colocation facility provider that enable higher agility in meeting customers’ provisioning needs and improved profitability through accurate billing.
- Customer provisioning: Based on customer request to provision new equipment, the workflow will go through the approval chain. If a hold on the request is required due to additional space, power or cooling needs, the system will generate this for customer’s approval.
- Ability to add/delete/modify colo customers – A facilities provider can add/delete/modify colo customers and the details related to the customer.
- Designate a cage – On the data center floor, an area can be demarcated and access controlled as a cage with precise space and power allocation.
- Accurate billing: Precise space usage and real-time power monitoring at Rack level, along with any extra cooling required during peak usage or seasonal conditions, would ensure accurate billing to customers. This would provide transparency, improved profitability and determination of average revenue and cost per customer.
GFS Crane DCIM for Colos help multi-tenant data center operators with features that can seamlessly be extended to their customers for viewing and acting on critical events.
Screenshots for Colocation Data Centers