DCIM covers a wide canvas of Data Center Operations, Planning and Management. GFS Crane DCIM provides completeness through a modular approach. Independent module licensing enables faster realization of benefits before embarking on a full-fledged DCIM implementation. Also, if you have parts already covered, you may need only supplemental portions of a packaged DCIM, and that’s where GFS Crane DCIM’s module-based licensing can fill the gap.
- Monitoring & Alarm Management. Monitoring for both Facilities & IT devices and sending alerts when threshold levels are breached.
- Asset Management.Asset Lifecycle Management, OEM library, Rack & floor elevation (2D & 3D), Workflow-based Change Management.
- Power Management. Power Chain, Impact Analysis, PUE Reports, Device-wise Power & Fuel Usage reports, Power Billing (for Colo customers).
- Environment Management. Rack, Row & Room-level temperature, Device-wise Cooling Reports, Air Quality & Sustainability Reports.
- Capacity Planning. What-if analysis on Power, Space & Cooling. Resource Provisioning.
- Dashboards.Widget based customizable dashboards and analytics based on user requirements and KPIs.
1. Monitoring & Alarm Management
Monitoring for both Facilities & IT devices and sending alerts when threshold levels are breached.
- Building Management Systems via BACNet/IP
- UPS systems via SNMP or Modbus/IP
- Power utility meters (integration with Socomec power meters via Modbus/IP)
- Back-up generators via Modbus/IP
- Fuel tanks through flow sensors
- Chiller plants & PAC units (Modbus/IP or SNMP)
- Rack Power & temperature (through Packet Power Smart Power cables and Environment Monitoring Units/temperature probes)
- Smoke detection & fire prevention systems
- Access control & surveillance cameras (through SNMP or vendor-provided SDK)
- Dry Contacts (NO/NC)
Threshold levels for each device and monitored parameters are defined in DCIM Policies. One can define multiple thresholds with multi-color alarm codes. Alarms are delivered via mobile texts, emails or via SNMP Trap to a Ticketing system. Alerts would be sent if a device has become unreachable or a parameter is not getting monitored.
Monitoring and Alarm Management help to reduce risks of a data center failure.
2. Asset Management
Asset Lifecycle Management, OEM library, Rack & floor elevation (2D & 3D), Workflow-based Change Management.
- Auto-discovers all intelligent assets, including facility devices like UPS, PACs, PDUs, Sensors that support SNMP and those connected through BMS
- Captures inventory of the assets using SNMP
- Maps all static attributes of the assets from built-in OEM library, called Manufacturer Repository
- Tracks unrecorded changes in asset configuration to keep the asset inventory consistent and updated all the time
- Maps critical relationships and dependencies among assets. This mapping also depicted on the Power Chain
- Provides Lifecycle Management and Preventive Maintenance Schedules
- Provides Workflow-based system to perform Move-Add-Change operations
- Floor & Rack elevation through 2D & 3D Data Center Layout & Visualization
3D Elevation Modeling of Racks and Cages
Improves staff productivity through multi-filter search capabilities, up-to-date asset inventory of all Facilities & IT devices and real-time status visually displayed on DC layout.
3. Power Management
Power Chain, Impact Analysis, PUE Reports, Device-wise Power & Fuel Usage reports, Power Billing (for Colo customers).
- Live monitoring & Impact Analysis with Power Chain
- Power Consumption reports & trend graphs of:
- HT/LT Transformers & Switch Gears
- Any electrical feeder panel
- UPS & Rectifiers
- Floor, row & rack PDUs
- HVACs & Chillers
- IT Devices (Server, network & storage). Includes Intel Data Center Manager integration option
- Diesel Generator Sets with Fuel Usage and Output Power Reports
- L1, L2 & L3 PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) Reports
- Energy Efficiency improvement recommendations through PUE-based analytics and server utilization versus virtualization status, age and power consumption
- Branch circuit monitoring & Power Billing Reports for Colo customers
Daily UPS Input Voltage Trend
Power Management is a core DCIM function. Through PUE reports and analytics, GFS Crane DCIM provides energy efficiency recommendations that helps to reduce power and fuel costs in data center operations.
4. Environment Management
Rack, Row & Room-level temperature, Device-wise Cooling Reports, Air Quality & Sustainability Reports.
- Temperature (Room, Row and Rack level)
- Inlet & outlet temperature of servers. Includes Intel Data Center Manager integration option
- Volumetric airflow of servers
- Return air and supply air temperature of PAC units
- Humidity (Room and rack level)
- Differential pressure
- Air quality (% of H₂, CO₂ and other gases)
- Presence of water/moisture
- Chilled water or any other liquid temperature, flow rate
- Carbon footprint of data center based on power usage and source of power
Temperature Profile for Racks
GFS Crane DCIM helps in cooling optimization based on utilization and heat loads of IT devices. Sustainability Reports, correlated with Power consumption data, helps towards the goal of achieving a Greener Data Center.
5. Capacity Planning
What-if analysis on Power, Space & Cooling. Resource Provisioning.
- Inventory Management: Base-lining of data center resources being utilized and what capacity is available
- Freeing-up of stranded power, floor and rack space, cooling and IT capacity in the data center
- Forecasting future capacity requirement
- Validation of projected capacity requirements through ‘What-if’ analysis, simulations and modeling
- Identifying best place to provision new asset based on available capacities
- For Colo data centers, workflow-based provisioning based on customer orders
Auto Provisioning (identifying the best racks in the data center for new device provisioning)
GFS Crane DCIM Capacity Planning enables optimal rack allocations, determination of upstream power requirements based on additional rack loads and cooling requirements based on thermal profiles. Better rack & floor space utilization leads to higher usage of existing capacities and deferring new builds or leasing new facilities.
Widget based customizable dashboards and analytics based on user requirements and KPIs.
- CIO Dashboard with key metrics like PUE, Critical Server CPU & Memory Utilization
- Role-based Dashboards for Facilities Managers: Cooling & Power Systems. Analytics for Energy Efficiency
- Role-based Dashboards for IT Infrastructure Managers: Rack-based Power, Temperature, Space; IT Asset Inventory, Maintenance Schedules
- Alarm Dashboards with Predictive Analytics on Failures
Widget-Based Customizable Dashboard
The ability to add personalized widgets with specific role-based KPIs makes GFS Crane DCIM powerful operations and planning tool for data center staff and management.
For more details, write to email@example.com